What to expect when making a prize claim
Detailed Prize Claims
Prize Claim Requirements and Expectations:
- Please bring two pieces of valid government-issued identification when making your claim. The ID must include a recent photo, date of birth and signature.
- Prizes will only be paid to the rightful ticket holder(s) or Group Trustee.
- Group claims $10,000 and greater require a Group Release Agreement Form.
- Please note that the Lottery Ticket owners(s) must be present at AGLC during the entire processing time.
- If winner(s) arrive at a payout location late in the day the prize may not be paid the same day.
- If claiming at an AGLC Prize Payout Office all prizes are made payable by cheque. Only claims greater than $25 Million will be paid via wire transfer.
Prize Claim Restrictions:
- All merchandise prizes, cash equivalent prizes and bonus prizes must be claimed in person from an AGLC Prize Payout Office.
- Tickets purchased in lottery jurisdictions outside the Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) must be claimed from the address located on the reverse of the ticket.
- All prizes must be claimed prior to the expiry date as indicated on the ticket. Expiry dates for Scratch & Win tickets are printed on the reverse of the ticket and other lottery games expiry dates are one year commencing the draw date as indicated on the ticket. Please ensure you check the expiry date on Scratch & Win tickets at the time of purchase as WCLC will not honour prizes on expired tickets.
- Mondays (and Tuesdays after a statutory holiday) tend to have a higher volume of prize claims presented. Prize Claims processing wait times may be longer than other days of the week.
- Free parking is available for winners at the St. Alberta Prize Payout Office. Paid parking is available at the Calgary Prize Payout Office located at the front of the building.
- When planning to claim your prize, please allow time for the processing of your claim. Refer to the prize claim processing times below for further details around expected processing times for your prize claim.
Approximate Prize Claim Processing Times
- To permit veriﬁcation of claims, some prize claims may require more than one business day to complete.
- For your protection, always print your name, address and telephone number on the back of your ticket.
- Additional markings of any kind will require a written explanation, possible further investigation and could delay payment of your prize.
Please note that WCLC has to verify all Prize Claims before payment is made and your prize may not be paid out the same day.Information to help prepare for making an in-person prize claim
Guidelines for Media
Product Ambassadors are available for in-studio or other interview opportunities to discuss liquor pairings and trends. Please contact Lesley McCombs at 204-957-2500 ext 5646 to discuss availability.
For all other interview requests please contact Corporate Communications at [email protected] or 204-957-2500 ext 3930 during business hours.
Interviews cannot be granted on a drop-by basis at Liquor Marts and Casinos of Winnipeg.
The Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) organizes media events related to national lottery game wins. Visit wclc.com or call 1-800-665-3313 for information.
Winner information is posted on the Casinos of Winnipeg and PlayNow.com websites.
In order to protect privacy, winner contact information is not made available.
Holiday Hours Information
Liquor Marts and the Casinos of Winnipeg do have extended hours and closures for certain holidays and holiday weekends. We issue a news release in advance of these holidays.
Filming & Photography
On-premises recording of any type (video, audio, photography) must be arranged in advance by contacting Corporate Communications at [email protected] or 204-957-2500 ext 3930.
We are pleased to work with the tourism and film industries to make our venues available, subject to conditions.Guidelines for Media With Staff Product Ambassadors are available for in-studio or other interview opportunities to discuss liquor pairings and trends. Please contact Lesley McCombs at ]]>